CAFF is a completely voluntarily run event. Last year we were able to put together an exciting festival programme thanks to the fantastic work of all the volunteers involved.
We are currently looking for new volunteers to join the team! Please note that some tasks will start by September, while others will just be during the festival week. The timetable is very flexible, it depends on how many hours you can devote to the festival.
Tasks before the festival would involve the following:
- Fundraising for CAFF.
- Updating and growing presence of CAFF in social media.
- Promoting CAFF.
- Writing press releases.
- General organisation.
Tasks during the festival would include:
- Assistance in festival stand.
- Welcoming of audiences to the venues.
- Distribution of flyers and posters in the colleges and key venues.
- Lead Q&A by assisting with the microphone.
- Distribution of feedback forms after the screenings, collection of them and archive in boxes – classified folders.
- Photography (if possible and desired)
- Social Media (if possible and desired)
- Assistance with press (if possible and desired)
We are currently recruiting volunteers too for the following positions:
- Head of the Media Office: As such, you would need to coordinate a body of volunteers writing press releases, publish the newsletter (one per week during September and one per day during the festival), increase and update the press contacts list, get in touch with local journalists in Cambridge to ensure coverage of the festival and arrange interviews with guest filmmakers, artists and speakers in the festival. You would work closely with the festival director.
- Volunteers coordinator: As such, you would coordinate the body of volunteers and ensure they have the right information regarding schedule, venues, films and tasks required from them. You would be a key contact for both the festival director and deputy director, as well as for the volunteers. You need to be based in Cambridge to be considered for this position.
- Photographer of the festival: We welcome many volunteers to take photos in the different events, but there will be a main photographer that would need to send three pictures per day of each of the events, so that these can use in newsletters, website and social media. Please check our flickr for further references.
- Videographer of the festival: You would need to cover the opening, closing, and some other key events, as discussed with festival director, and produce at least three short videos of different events and one general video with highlights of the festival. Please check our VIMEO channel for further references.
- Artist liaison and Accommodation Manager: As such, you would welcome the guests in the train station and take them to the required venue or accommodation when it applies. You will also give them a welcome pack and show them around the city.
If you are interested in any of the above positions or just in being part of the volunteers team, don’t hesitate to get in touch! It would be great if you could fill in the VOLUNTEERS APPLICATION FORM and send your CV to email@example.com so we can get to know you better! Thank you very much in advance.
See what our volunteers said from their experience last year!
For more information, read our CAFF 2014 REPORT!
We are looking forward to welcoming you to our team!